Anger

power
Do you know what the most dangerous emotion is? It is depression. There is no way to use it. Like a car that has run out of fuel you can try to push it forward but you just can’t get anywhere. You can keep trying to crank the engine over but nothing ignites it. Soon you realize it is worthless as it is. What you need is fuel and that fuel for humans is anger.
I’m not talking about the anger that hurts other people as that is completely counterproductive. I’m talking about the anger you can use as a tool to fire up the engine of motivation that can get you down the road and on your way to success. We were not given the amazing range of emotions so they could control us but so we could use them to enhance our lives.
You know you are using anger to your advantage when you see it turn into will power, strength, endurance and determination. These are not passive feelings, they come from being fed up with apathy toward your environment or your own stagnate self. Anger is at the opposite end of the spectrum of victim.
Throughout my life I have experienced many crisis, divorces, betrayals, near death experience, coma, death of a grown child and a grandchild, homelessness and living with several disabilities and much more. But my life is a success because at each crisis I became stronger, smarter and more pro-active. The first divorce shattered me and the dark cloak of depression covered me until I felt I couldn’t breathe. Then one day I became angry at myself for letting a temporary speed bump jar me off my journey. I made plans and goals and got back on the road. I let anger fire my engine to move forward.
I’m certainly not perfect and every once in a while life deals me a new blow like my sweet granddaughter being diagnosed with leukemia at 14 and for a day or so I allow depression to seep in but the stress is never worth it. By now I know what is needed. I get fed up, I get angry at the situation and I reach for my blue steno pad and I make a plan. I research, learn my options then go forward.
Can you imagine humanity without the emotion of anger? It motivates progress, competition and achievement. It is a tool that once mastered can push you forward to opportunities and goals beyond your expectations.
anger blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pantyhose Anyone?

Short Term Memory

Bye Bye Landlines